If you wish to do some extra with your child to support them with this term’s topic please choose from the list below. You are welcome to do as many or as few as you like.
This term our topic is predator.
* Create your own predator! Be as interesting and creative as you like. This could be a large terrifying monster or a tiny insect. Think about what your predator would eat and how it would hunt its prey.
* Carry out some research about a predator of your choice. This could be a creature that is well known or a more unusual creature. Write several paragraphs and draw a picture of your chosen predator.
* Create a wanted poster for a predator on the loose! Why is it dangerous? What to be have to look out for? What should people do if they spot this creature?
* Big cats are incredible creatures and there are many different species. Choose one of the big cats and carry out some research about them. What is their habitat, diet and appearance like? How do they hunt their prey?
* Have you ever been to a zoo? If so what did you think about it? Did you enjoy it? Do you think these animals should be kept in zoos or do you think it is cruel? Discuss these ideas with your family and see what they think. Write a paragraph on your own opinions about zoos and the views of other people.
* In a shoe box (or something of similar size) create a habitat for a predator. You could create a jungle in a shoebox for a leopard, or you could create an underwater scene for a shark. Try and be as creative as you can.